How to Get Involved
Greetings from the New York University Office of Alumni Relations!
As on-the-ground ambassadors, your service is essential to our efforts, and allows us to reach and connect with NYU alumni across the globe.
There are a wide range of volunteer opportunities, and we hope that you will take the time to read and learn more about all of them. Regardless of the role you choose, it will be helpful for you to be aware of all opportunities as you speak and meet with fellow alumni, students, and friends of the University.
- Violet Volunteer: Help out at NYU events in New York City, and take part in service projects with the NYUAA throughout the year.
- NYU Alumni Clubs:?NYU alumni clubs are created and run by alumni volunteers who wish to reconnect with New York University and with fellow alumni in their region or through shared interests.
- Support Student Scholarships:?Your generosity will enable us to bring more of the world's most talented young minds to the Washington Square campus and across our global network.
- Torchbearers: A group of alumni volunteers who assist NYU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions in recruiting superior undergraduate students.
- #ViralViolet: Help spread the word or share your love for NYU as a #ViralViolet social media ambassador. ?All alumni are welcome to sign up for the online platform here.
- Hire Violet: Find NYU talent for jobs or internships with your business or employer.
- Dinner with Six: Connect and engage with NYU students by hosting them for dinner in your home or a local establishment. ?
- Alumni Speakers List:?Share your expertise or experiences with fellow alumni and students.
- New Student Send-Off:?Host a casual reception for incoming students and their families to make friends, build community, and help with any last-minute questions before they arrive on campus.
- NYUAA Board Advisory Committee: Work with fellow alumni volunteers and Alumni Relations staff on initiatives that support the mission of the NYUAA.
- Mentoring: Give back by advising and providing guidance to current NYU students through established NYU school and enrichment programs.
- Donate your Space: Have access to or own an event space in the tri-state area that can be used for a gathering or alumni event? Share potential program ideas and help the Office of Alumni Relations plan an event for fellow alumni.
- Get Involved with your School or College: Attend events, volunteer, or reconnect with your school alumni association.
- NYU Alumni Global Days of Service:?An opportunity for alumni to make a difference by participating in community service projects taking place across the globe.?
I’ve submitted my volunteer interest form. When should I expect to hear from you?
Depending on your preferred volunteer program or opportunity, you should expect to hear back from a member of our team within 5–7 business days. In the meantime, feel free to email@example.com?with any questions, or if you are in need of additional information.??
How much time will I have to commit?
That depends! Many of our opportunities differ in required hours and length of service. You will be able to indicate your anticipated time commitment and ability on the Volunteer Interest Form (below). The Office of Alumni Relations will use this information when placing volunteers within our various programs and initiatives.
I’m not sure how I want to get involved; who can I contact in order to learn more about the available opportunities?
If you are interested in scheduling a phone call or in-person meeting with a member of our team, please call (212) 998-6957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to host an alumni event, but I’m not sure what that would entail. Could you provide me more information?
We love having the opportunity to host events with members of the NYU community, and try to use alumni-owned venues whenever possible. Our events occur around the globe and range in size and scale. They can involve anything from small regional happy hours to larger sponsored events with guest speakers or lecturers.
We also host?New Student Send-offs?during the summer months to help incoming students make friends and build community before arriving on campus. We prefer to have NYU families and alumni host these events at their businesses and homes, and are always looking for new partners!
If you have a space that you would like to make available to our Alumni Relations team, please email your information and space details email@example.com?with the subject “Donate An Event Space.”
Can I still volunteer if I don’t live in New York City?
While some of our opportunities are only available to those who live in close proximity to the NYC campuses, we encourage alumni around the world to get involved! The following volunteer opportunities are available to all alumni regardless of geographic location: